Thursday 17 January 2008

Sarum Completed

Finally, after over a week of reading (seldom I use such a long time on a book) I have finished Edvard Rutherfurd's mammoth book Sarum, which tells the history of Salisbury Plains in England, the place where the famous Stonehenge lies. The book was very good, following the story of five families living around the plains, from the end of the last ice age to present days (the 1980s and 90s). I really liked the book, and have already started on one of his other books, London: The Novel, which surprisingly tells the history of London as seen through the eyes of a few select, fictional families. So if you like historical fiction and haven't heard of Edvard Rutherford, I greatly recommend him. In fact, I recommend him even if you have heard of him, and even if you don't like historical fiction.

Not much else is happening in my life, so I won't write about that.

We had snow yesterday, finally. Haven't had the white winters we're used to in Norway lately. Usually it's above freezing temperatures (would that be called melting temperatures), and onlt some rain. But last night came several centimeters of snow. But I really don't like the cold and I'm looking forward to the summer and missing the fine weather in Australia.

Until next time

cya

No comments: