Sunday 13 January 2008

Went away for the Weekend

On friday, I went with my friend to his dad's summer house, about 2.5 hours away from here. It was a much needed relaxing weekend after a lot of work lately. The days were spent sleeping, reading, eating and playing games, Trivial Pursuit among others. Luckily I have been reading a lot of historical fiction lately, which really helped when playing Trivial Pursuit. I excelled at the history questions. Unfortunelately I forgot Sarum, the book I am reading, but brought the book London, by the same author (as i planned to finish Sarum while away). So I guess I have to read two books now, but only for a short while, as I am almost done with Sarum.

London, by Edward Rutherfurd, is similar in style to Sarum. London tells, as you might have guessed, the story of London, from a celtic gathering place, through the Roman town through to present day London. The story is told through the eyes of several families as we follow through time. Have only read about 200 pages so far, and the book is long, 1300 pages.

Well, now I must finish Sarum and London, so updates on both will follow. But over the next two days I have quite a work schedule, so probably won't have much time for either reading or blogging.

I have finally gotten a job as well. I am staying within 7-eleven, as I have gotten a manager position at a store dwontown. Not one of the ones I have been working at, but a different one. I start sometime in February, the details aren't quite worked out yet. But I am very much looking forward to having a steady job, and not just working whenever needed. The pay should be better as well.

Anyways, have to go to work soon, and need a shower before that. Until next time

cya

No comments: