Monday 24 December 2007

Christmas Presents

The tradition in Norway is to open presents on christmas eve, and now all the gifts are opened. I had already gotten a digital camara from my family, so I wasn't expecting too many presents. i did get some books though, so I have a lot to read in the near future. From my parents I received Renegade's Magic, the third book in Robin Hobb's Soldier Son trilogy. As I have read the other two books and liked them, I can't wait to open this book. From a friend I received Gardens of the Moon, by Steven Erikson. From my brother I received an omnibus containing five of Wilbur Smith's books. I have never read anything by Steven Erikson, and only one book by Wilbur Smith, so I'm looking forward to discovering new authors. Reviews will follow as soon as I read the books.

I have also been reading a lot in Baudolino, and so far I love the book. I love Eco's way of writing, and his knowledge of the historical periods he writes from. If you are interested in historical fiction, you should definelately check out Umberto Eco. More on this book will come when I'm finished (hopefully tonight or tomorrow).

Well, Christmas eve is almost over in Norway, I have loved having a day off work. Tomorrow it's back to work. My next day off is the 28th, other than that I will be working every day until at least the 2nd of january. Until next time

cya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and happy reading :-)