Friday 7 December 2007

Mad Ship

Cosmic Trigger II is finished, and in retrospect (it was published in 1991) I have to say RAW was a bit optimistic about future technology. According to his estimates, we would now live for at least 200 years due to a longievity pill and we would also be starting to move to space-cities. Well, that hasn't happened yet, but it was still an interesting read.

I have started on Ship of Magic (The Liveship Traders, Book 1). Only a few chapters into the book yet so not much to say about it, but I will write my opinions as soon as I progress a bit more. It seems promising though (I have already read this book but that was years ago and I can't remember much).

I am a huge fan of Robin Hobb, having read her Farseer trilogy and Soldier Son trilogy (actually just the first two books, but I will come around to buying and reading the last soon), so I have high hopes for this trilogy as well. If you like fantasy, but haven't yet read Robin Hobb, I recommend you give her a shot.

No comments: